Wednesday 6th February saw the clubs annual film competition – The Ferring Cup. All films entered in competitions spanning the previous 12 months are eligible and are automatically entered unless the member has won a competition during the year or declined entry. Running times are to be in excess of 2 minutes but not exceed 15 minutes and films previously entered in Ferring Cup competitions cannot be entered again.
The 8 films entered and shown were:
- The Shirley Western Story by David Allen
- Kruger Park Oct 2017 – Roy Powell
- Autumn Colours – Jim Anderson
- New 7th Wonder of Nature – Mike Spanton
- The Vixen – Mike Poland
- The Road to Hoops Aid 2017 – Howard Johnson
- Prey – Eric Storey
- Lifeboat Shoreham Harbour – Richard Stockwell
And the winner was – Richard Stockwell’s Shoreham Lifeboat
The evening also incorporated two further competitions – Hot Shorts-1minute and Hot Shorts-2minute. Unfortunately there were only 2 entries for the Hot Shorts-1minute competition, so not enough for a true competition (3 are required).
The Hot Shots-2minute winner was Mike Spanton with his topical film titled ‘Ship of Fools’, a political satire featuring Clive Soord’s ceramic sculpture.